Surprise Party :: Autumnal Wreath with Jodi

Hi, my name is Jodi and I blog at Life and Oh-La-Dee-Dah. I'm so thrilled to be over here at A Bit of Sunshine today! I love this blog of Rebekah's and am so honored to help celebrate her birthday with a guest post. So let's get to it.

Let me paint the picture for you...I'm walking through Target and it never fails, the end isles are generously heaped with tidbits of seasonal decor and they suck me in. This is truly a problem during these Fall and Winter months when the draw to cozy my home with such festive eye candy is hard to resist. I scramble for my blinders and masterfully clip them on and continue to the pacifier isle and then on to find the bananas. This week, instead of loading my cart full of decor, I decided to pull from my craft supplies and make a little something. We are after all, on a budget and you wouldn't believe the amount of pacifiers and bananas we go through.



I used a packing tube I'd saved from an Etsy purchase I received a while ago, a hot glue gun, scissors, felt and since I just purged my crafting supplies recently, I ended up buying fall colored yarn (which I'll use for another project later) and ribbon.



I tied the yarn to start and tucked it under as I wrapped it around the tube so the loose end wasn't visible.



When I finished wrapping the yarn, I tucked the end piece under the other strands in a tight knot and then I hot glued it down.



Then, I hot glued the yarn wrapped tubes to each other to form the wreath. I made a small felt bow to garnish the bottom of my wreath and used ribbon to hang it. Since this project is so flexible, you could definitely use a bigger tube (or even toilet paper rolls) and add whatever embellishments you wanted.



Just a simple, easy little bit of Fall decor. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to head to Target and just take one little peek at those end isle. Just a peek for inspiration. I promise.

<---------------------------------------------------------->

Jodi, thank you for sharing this adorable and budget friendly fall inspired idea I love it and can't wait to make one too!! Make sure to check out Jodi's blog today it's adorable and full of tons of fun and inspiring ideas!

5 comments:

  1. i always love a good yarn wrapping craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and a good twist from more traditional wreaths! Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Super cute. Now if I can find some yarn...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...